Monday, July 22, 2013

Banana Chocolate Ice Cream

Happy Monday and Royal Baby Birthday!

I've been a royal family fan for as long as I can remember.  It was clearly known by many of my friends that I was destined to be a princess.  While I didn't become a member of the royal family (although he did marry a girl named Kate who also has brown hair and is about my same age - coinsidence I think not) we decided to celebrate the impending baby birth with some ice cream!



I've seen this recipe floating around Pinterest for a long time.  We've made it once before but use real milk, real chocolate chips and peanut butter.  Now that those are no-no's in this house, I put a vegan, no nut, gluten free spin on it.  The results - AMAZING!  Chocolate delicious meets ice cream that won't hurt my stomach!  I like my ice cream thick and somewhat chunky.  You could modify this to make it however you like.  Whatever you decide to do - make it!  You won't be disappointed!


To start break out the blender.  I sent a text to the husband to make sure he was ok with me using the Vitamix.  I know that sounds silly - but it's like his third child.  Since I got the go ahead, we started to make it!

I had froze some bananas that were about to go bad and used those.  I would recommend using frozen bananas over fresh.  Next time you have some rip bananas, just peel them and pop um in the freezer so you can make this bowl of yumminess!




I put two bananas, a cup of ice, two big handfuls of chocolate chips into the blender and let it whip up.


After the initial blend I added just enough milk to make it thin enough to blend the rest of the bananas and ice (about a 1/4 of a cup).  This is where you can add more or less milk depending on how thick you like your ice cream.  Peanut butter would also be amazing in this!



Then scoop into bowls and enjoy this healthy, satisfying, delightful treat!


Banana Chocolate Ice Cream

2 frozen bananas
1 cup ice
1/4 cup soy milk
2 big handfuls of vegan chocolate chips

1.  Place bananas, ice and chocolate chips in blender.  Blend until somewhat smooth
2.  Add soy milk
3.  Blend
4.  Pour into bowls and enjoy!

Happy royal watching!  You can find me at home today.  We do need to head to the grocery store, so hopefully I don't miss the big event!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment