Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Steak Stir Fry!

Sorry I've been an absent blogger lately.  Seems like life has gotten busy busy busy! We've been doing things like this:

 Trying on a new hat!

Heading to our first day of dance class!

 Sleeping, sleeping, sleeping

Feeding goats at the zoo

Cheering on the Hawkeyes

 Having our first day of preschool!

My babies and I

And indulging in some comfort food after our baby went off to preschool!


We did try a new stir fry meal though!

This quick, fast and delicious meal took no time to make at all!  Especially since we used steak left over from the night before.  I forgot to take pictures while making it, so I'll summarize quickly!

1.  Make rice.  I used minute brown rice, but whatever you have on hand would be great.  I used 2 cups of rice.

2.  Saute vegetables in a little bit of olive oil.  I used whatever I had in the fridge and pantry.  In this version I chopped up some carrots and celery, opened a can of mushrooms and water chestnuts and threw in some frozen onion and green pepper.

3.  When the vegetables are soft, add in some seasoning.  We used Worcestershire sauce.  The soy sauce I had purchased contained wheat (big bummer!) so we didn't use that. 

4.  Next assemble!  I used left over steak and heated it in the microwave.  Then added the rice, veggies and meat to the bowl, topped with some sesame seeds and viola ... dinner!

Like I said - quick, easy and good!  Put whatever you like in there to make it with your own flavor!

Enjoy!

Steak Stir Fry
2 cups cooked rice (follow directions on package.  I used minute brown rice)
~5 mini carrots chopped
1 small can mushrooms
2 celery ribs chopped
1/2 green pepper chopped
1/2 small onion chopped
1 small can water chestnuts
1-2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Steak (or whatever meat you have on hand!)
Handful of sesame seeds

1.  Make rice
2.  Sautee vegetables in a little bit of olive oil
3.  Cook steak, or reheat if using left overs like I did!
4.  Add Worcestershire sauce to vegetables. 
5.  Assemble!  Rice, veggies, meat.
6.  Top with sesame seeds



No comments:

Post a Comment